CEBU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Foundation of Physical Fitness
LONIE ANN L. AGOSTO, MATPE
What is Physical Education?
Physical Education вЂ“ is a crucial segment of general education which should contribute to the total development of the learner through participation in selected vigorous activity.
- it provides in order to acquire ongoing skills that are essential to his physical, mental, social and emotional expansion.
- it is the vital and integral a part of general education designed to promote the optimum development of the individual actually, socially, psychologically, and emotionally through body building movement inside the performance of properly picked physical activities.
OBJECTIVES OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
вЂў Physical Development- Through thoroughly selected physical education actions, an individual who participates actively will develop and maintain health and dangerous of health and fitness. The purchase of physical expertise can motivate an individual to participate further in physical activities: hence, healthy and balanced growth and development of each learner will probably be enhanced.
вЂў Social Advancement - Contribution in Physical activities provides chances for the acquisition and practice of desirable social traits essential for adjustment to happy living and to the social existence in general. A lot of worthwhile characteristics are:
а№ђ Respect intended for the privileges of others
а№ђ Good sportsmanship
а№ђ Very good leadership and followership
а№ђ Honesty in group competition
вЂў Mental Development- The informal character of physical education offers opportunities for the development of phrase and mental traits needed for emotional mastery like:
а№ђ Self confidence
а№ђ Self control
а№ђ Personal reliance
а№ђ Personal Self-control
вЂў Mental Development- Through participation in Physical Education activities the individual develops his mental functions as he learns the physical principles of underlying movements, as the learner receives knowledge and understanding of rules and tricks of games and sports along with dance, and the ability to examine and give decision.
I actually. INTRODUCTION TO PHYSICAL FITNESS
A. MEANING OF TERMS:
1 . Physical Fitness вЂ“ the ability of your individual to do one's daily task with vigor and alertness without undue tiredness, with reserve energy to attend to additional tasks, with readiness to satisfy unforeseen events, and with enough strength for free time activities.
2 . Physical Activity вЂ“ it entails any actual movement caused by muscular contractions that make expenditure of energy.
3. Workout вЂ“ this can be a planned software of activities usually created to improve fitness and health.
4. Warm-up вЂ“ can be described as term used to describe activities accustomed to prepare your body for more strenuous exercise inside the stimulus period; the usual approach involves the usage of less strong levels of the genuine exercise you will do throughout the stimulus period, followed by some gentle flexibility exercises.
5. Cool off вЂ“ is completed immediately after the conclusion of the stimulation period, such as the warm-up, it involves less severe exercise than those used during the stimulus period.
What is Health and fitness?
Physical Fitness вЂ“ is a mix of medical health (body soundness) and active fitness (capacity for action). A in good physical shape person is definitely free from disease and can maneuver and conduct efficiently. Neither good health nor physical skills alone makes up physical fitness, which in turn combines equally qualities. An additional factor is emotional element. This is easily apparent in athletic challenges, where great performance needs self-discipline, successful teamwork, as well as the ability to continue to be calm stressed.
- is a ability of the individual to accomplish one's daily activities efficiently with no undue exhaustion, reduce the...