Understanding the procedure for loss and grief
To attempt this assessment I have researched the meaning with the words Reduction and Suffering to help me to begin to know the process. Reduction is defined as staying the condition of being deprived or perhaps bereaved of something or someone(1) and grief is being defined as a deep mental anguish, since arising from bereavement(2). Grief can be described as natural respond to loss and it is a process that occurs over time. That involves a variety of emotions, thoughts and behaviours. The most frequent loss associated with grief may be the death of any loved one. Some situations may possibly involve multiple losses just like someone using a terminal disease such as cancers. They can mourn and grieve over the loss in a breasts, loss of male fertility, loss of freedom and dignity. Older people can be frequently questioned by the experience of multiple loss also. They may experience the fatality of friends and their spouse, changes in their particular work status and the lack of physical talents and good health. After learning Dr Elisabeth Kubler Ross's five level model of grief(3), it has given me a larger understanding about how individuals cope with grief. Kubler Ross's concentrate was almost all on fatality and bereavement although the вЂgrief cycle' is useful for understanding all reduction and suffering processes. Kubler Ross's theory is that the grief process will certainly pass through five stages. The five levels being, Refusal вЂ“ A conscious or unconscious refusal to accept specifics, information and reality and so forth Anger вЂ“ People coping with emotional raise red flags to can be angry with themselves and/or with others, considerably more so with those closet and start blaming other folks for what happened. Bargaining вЂ“ Individuals may take a spiritual response and attempt to bargain/negotiate with their The almighty. Depression вЂ“ Around this stage people might experience interpersonal withdrawal, fatigue and motivation and length themselves via loved ones. Popularity вЂ“ This can be a sign of emotional distance. Individuals come to terms with the reality and adjust. People who are dying nevertheless are more likely to come to this level long before the loved ones they can be leaving behind will.
I understand coming from studying Kubler Ross that she did not intend these series of stages to be strict or sequential. Some periods may by no means be frequented and some can be revisited. I can see that the grief method is a person journey and definitely will vary in emotional strength from one person to the next.
Another theory I have considered may be the Task model of William Worden. He details four " tasks of morningвЂќ and implies that the grieving person has job to do(4). He also states that although there is an alteration in the living and the dead's relationship, it can be none the less a relationship and allows for the вЂcontinued presence' of the dearly departed in the lifestyle of the bereaved. Worden offers four responsibilities that he admits that an individual goes through to help deal with their grief process(5). Task one particular вЂ“ Acceptance вЂ“ To complete this task, the individual has to accept the fact. Task a couple of вЂ“ Work through the soreness вЂ“ To complete this, the individual has got the task of acknowledging and expressing thoughts. Task several вЂ“ Adapt to the environment вЂ“ The task the following is to adjust by means of new learning, thinking and experiences. Activity 4 вЂ“ Emotionally relocate вЂ“ The job is to be willing to participate, function and be willing to enjoy again.
There are similarities between Kubler Ross and Worden fantastic tasks can even be completed in alternative order. Even though, he is convinced that in the event that mourning is usually incomplete it may have long term limitations about emotional progress. He is convinced that grieving will encourage change and growth within the individual which grief can be described as process rather than a state of mind(6). I am able to understand using this model that Worden feels that only for the individual wraps up the tasks, they will then invest in their long term.
I can apply Dr Elisabeth Kubler Ross's 5 stage model to a loss i have recently supported a young person with during time in my personal placement...
Referrals: 1 . Farlex. (2011). В Loss. В Available: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/loss. Last utilized 13th Might 2011.
2 . Farlex. (2011). В Grief. В Available: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grief. Previous accessed 13th May 2011.
3. Business Balls. (2006). В Dr Elisabeth Kubler-ross. В Available: http://www.businessballs.com/elisabeth_kubler_ross_five_stages_of_grief.htm. Last accessed thirteenth May 2011.
4. Elizabeth Bingham (2009). В Hnc Interpersonal Care. London: Heinemann. p102-103
six. Elizabeth Bingham/Cathy Busby (2009). В Hnc Cultural Care. London, uk: Heinemann. p102-103, 248-250.
six. Siobhan Maclean (2009). В Social care plus the law in Scotland. 7th ed. Ecuries: Kirwin Maclean Associates Ltd. p42.
8. Elizabeth Bingham/Cathy Busby (2009). В Hnc Cultural Care. London: Heinemann. P82, p250.
on the lookout for. Winstons desire. (2009). В dealing with tremendous grief. В Available: http://www.winstonswish.org.uk/. Last accessed 13th May 2011.
15. Scottish Professional. (2009). В Looked after children (Scotland) restrictions. В Available: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2009/210/regulation/6/made. Last reached 14th May well 2011.
10. Nicola McMurray (2010). В Reporting requirements around the death of your young person. North Lanarkshire: North Lanarkshire Council. p3.
12. Nicola McMurray (2010). В Reporting requirements within the death of a young person. North Lanarkshire: North Lanarkshire Authorities. P15.
13. Bereavement Guidance Center. (2006). В What to accomplish when an individual dies. Obtainable: http://www.bereavementadvice.org/what-to-do-first-when-someone-dies/introduction.php. Last accessed 14th May 2011.
14. Bahai international community. (2006). В Bahai faith. В Available: http://www.bahai.org/. Previous accessed 14th May 2011.
15. Huda. (2011). В Islamic funeral rituals. В Available: http://islam.about.com/cs/elderly/a/funerals.htm. Last reached 14th May 2011.
18. Catherine Beyer. (2011). В Scientology. В Available: http://altreligion.about.com/od/scientology/p/scien_funeral.htm. Last accessed 15th May 2011.